My Family

My Family

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Joy we Feel!!!

We are excited we are having a girl……….but more excited than that, we are excited that this little girl is perfectly healthy!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

God is Good! That is something I am being taught over and over again.

Our ultrasound on Tuesday was an amazing experience. The sonogrpaher spent 50 minutes with us. He did a complete ultrasound and we found out that our baby girl is completely healthy! Mark, the Sonographer said that when he does an ultrasound he looks for 100 Major things and 300 Minor things that could be wrong with the baby. We are so grateful and thankful that God is giving us a healthy baby!

It was also very fun during the ultrasound because Mark predicted by measuring her femur bone, circumference of her head, the size she would be when she is born. He says that baby girl is measuring exactly on track for how many weeks/days I am. He said that he predicts baby will be 3 days late, meaning she will be due on Luke’s birthday, Oct. 21st. He said she would be 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 ½ inches long. He also predicted that baby will be left-handed. She was holding onto the umbilical cord at the end of the ultrasound with her left hand. He said babies hold onto the umbilical cord because it pulsates and puts them to sleep.

So during the course of the ultrasound we saw baby’s bladder full at the beginning and then emptied out at the end! We were able to see a perfect spine and know that baby is a little girl!

Again the Joy we feel that we have a healthy baby is beyond what words can explain! All the glory be to God!!! God is good!!!

(also - fun fact....I am starting to feel baby girl move!!!)

7 comments:

Miss Jess said...

Eeekk! That is so exciting Ali!!! So happy for you and Luke!

Unknown said...

Sugar & Spice & everything NICE!!! yeeeaaahhh!!!
Lisa

_____ said...

Congratulations Ali and Luke!!! I could not be more excited for you guys:)

Brandt and Steph said...

So fun you're feeling her move!! How exciting!!!!

Ana Heeren said...

We had our 20 week ultrasound today and they figured i am about 11 days behind what they had thought based on my last period. I don't think i was really "regular" yet after having Asa...however...my new due date puts us 1 WEEK APART!!!! Can you believe it! I am due on October 14th!!! CRAZY!

Unknown said...

First of all, I'm actually tearing up....second of all, don't believe him when he says what size she'll be and when you'll go.....they don't really know!! (This from someone who was gonna be late and was then 2 weeks early) LOVE YOU!!

Lynnea said...

Wow, that's SO interesting that they can predict whether she'll be left-handed or right-handed! I had no idea!