Last Thursday night Jessie came over with 7 week old Ben Rowles. He is a doll! I got to be "Auntie Ali" that night! We made dinner and Ben slept in his carrier. Then we ventured on for a walk. Jessie walked my babies and I got to push Ben in the stroller. It was so great to have them around for an evening. I love being "Auntie Ali"!
I left work right at 4pm on Friday so that we could get out of town by 6pm or so and head up to the lake. The storm coming from St. Cloud had another plan for us. At about 7pm I gathered myself and my dogs downstairs and sat scared out of my mind as I watched the trees and tall grass blow like crazy behind our house. Thankfully the storm came and went without any damage for once to our house. Actually, I take that back, when I got home from work I was so lucky as to pick up another piece of the shakes that are on the front of the house that had fallen down.
We left at about 8:30pm and got to the cabin just behind my parents. The six of us played the game Cranium and then headed off to bed. We woke up Saturday morning to a very windy day on Big Birch Lake, but that didn't spoil our fun! We went on a lunch pontoon cruz only to get stuck in the largest waves I have seen on our lake. We were going along all nice and then out of no where a huge wave came towering over the front of the pontoon and the boat started going down into the lake. Everyone up front ran to the back and the front came up out of the water. It was pretty humorous! Then on Sunday, Luke and Ryan took the wave runner out. A little while went by and we see a pontoon coming towards the cabin, then we see Ryan and Luke on the wave runner being pulled by the Pontoon, oh the joy of having things break down! :) Thankfully it is nothing major, just in need of a new battery. We arrived home last night around 8pm and sat outside on our deck. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful home and have the wildlife behind us, it is so peaceful. We sat there last night sipping our Bailey's on the rocks, nothing could be better, well except maybe having Bethany and Kurbis with us! :)
So the last week was great, I am so proud to be Auntie Ali to little "Benny Boy" as I call him and can't wait to squeeze that little guy again! Jessie, need a babysitter?
2 comments:
"Auntie Ali was so cute with me! She's a pretty lady with a big heart."
Ben Rowles
He is by far one the cutest little boys I've ever seen.
Post a Comment