My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Way Too Long

I know, I know, it has been WAY too long since I have blogged. The thing is, I am not sure I want to share with everyone what I have been thinking and feeling lately.

This thing seems to be every one's link to my mind and lately I am not so sure how I feel about that. I have never in my life wanted to be pregnant as I do now. Even when I was pregnant, I never had these feelings of really wanting the life that would be ahead of me. Now, it isn't that I want a baby, it is that I want Luke and I to start a family. I want the first trip to Big Birch Lake, and the first smile and the stroller ride. Yeah, it may sound cheesy to some of you, but the time has come in my life where I desire more for Luke and I.

It is amazing how in the past year to look back on the trials that we have faced, losing jobs, starting new jobs, losing a baby, financial struggles, family members being ill. I praise the Lord that these things brought us together rather than tore us apart. There was a point about a year ago when I wasn't sure of anything. It makes me so happy to be sure of what I want in life and what I want for Luke and I. Now I just have to see what God's plan for us is.

So yeah yeah, there I went again getting all deep on you and mushy gushy, sorry!

Here is an update on what has been going on in the past week or so!

2 weekends ago: Luke had a golf tournament, I had scrapbooking, was very fun, got all of 2 pages done! Woo Hoo! I am learning to "Embelish" quite well! I went up to my cabin on Sat. morning and came home Sunday while Luke golfed Saturday, had guys over Sat. night and burned a hole in our driveway from a bonfire...drunk boys......what can ya do!

Last weekend we spent Friday and Saturday w/ my sister and Ryan. We went and saw Dark Night......Highly recommend it to anyone that has not seen it yet! Then on Saturday we went floating down a river just about 10 minutes past St. Cloud. We had SO much fun and then Sar and Ryan spent the night. We finished the night watching D3, Luke was SO excited :) (D3 = Mighty Ducks 3 the movie for those of you who don't know! :) )

Now to this week. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Thursday. I can't even explain how fast the past 3 weeks have flown by for me! Last night Luke was up north w/ his boss in Duluth, they spent the night on his boss's boat on Lake Superior. SO........I had a sleepover! I seriously haven't had once since right before Bethany left. So Suzy, my dear friend from work came over. We went shopping at the Outlet Mall, Dinner at Majors, Malibu & Pineapple drinks and then I got to see the whole new collection of Lia Sophia Jewels! They are SO GREAT...(my plug.....www.liasophia.com/alipeterson, click on OUR JEWELRY) and then we watched a movie.
It was super fun and now tomorrow night I am having dinner w/ my fam before my parents leave for Peru on a missions trip. This weekend we are heading up to our cabin. I can't wait!

So that is my update about what has been going on in my head, in my heart and "My life as it is!"

2 comments:

natalie eve said...

But, Ali, we've had a change of plans and we are coming to the cities this weekend. Instead of going North for Allen's softball tourney we are coming down for my family reunion. We are staying at Sorbel's tomorrow night and then will be at a hotel in MG Saturday night after the reunion. I thought maybe we could see you guys Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. BOO on Birch Lake!! But I am sure you will have fun! I will miss you. xoxoxoxo!

Jessie said...

You have been a busy girl!