We had a great weekend at Big Birch Lake!
Rebecca and I headed up Friday night with a suburban packed full of food, our stuff and of course, 4 dogs!! We made to the cabin in record time because traffic wasn't too bad, or the fact that I was driving about 90 miles an hour! We unpacked and let the dogs play outside. I had brought up a bunch of DVD's for us to watch so we grabbed them and sat down in front of the TV. I could have sworn that we had a DVD player, but all we had was VHS and about 3 movies. So we watched the Secret Garden.
Sleeping in on Saturday morning was great and especially waking up to a gorgeous day on the lake. Since I was the only one there, I figured I should take care of the cabin. So I headed down to the beach to rake all the nasty weeds that had floated up on shore. I was dripping with sweat after about 2 hours of raking weeds and hauling them to the dumping spot across the road. We had 6 trailer loads of weeds, ick! But then the beach was beautiful and nice for friends that would join us later.
Ryan and Sari got to the lake at about 1pm after driving my blazer up to the cabin and running out of gas along 94. About $90 later they were there and ready to hang out. John and Luke came at about 2:30 and had golfed that morning. We loaded up the pontoon and headed to the sand bar for some fun. After losing a black inertoob about halfway across the lake and John and my sister practically drowning trying to rescue it we saved them w/ the boat. We headed back to the cabin for a feast of taco stack up. Marty, Jessie and baby Ben arrived just after 7pm and we ended the night with a good ol' game of Beer Pong! The teams were, Marty and Jessie, Luke and Sari, Ryan and Rebecca and John and I. The champs of Beer Pong were Ryan and Rebecca. Rebecca sure can play beer pong, well for her is was Wine Cooler pong :)
Most of us went to bed on Saturday night with our heads spinning and woke up to a rainy morning. We had a great breakfast of Cinnamon rolls and fruit and of course some bloody Mary's. The rain stopped and it cleared up so we headed out on the pontoon again. All in all it was a great weekend and we had so much fun w/ our friends and family.
1 comment:
That sounds like SOOOO much fun!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment