Most of you know by now.............I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!! Let me hear it.........Hip Hip!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke and I couldn't be more thrilled. We said we weren't going to start trying until the Fall, but we can pretend it was an "oops!" When really I was kind of trying without Luke knowing, I know, "naughty Ali", but now there is a bun in the oven until April and we are both SO excited so it is all good :)
I am sure many of you want to hear the story, so here it is......................................First, WARNING......This is going to be LONG!!!!!
My mom always told me that she knew she was pregnant because the "girls" became tender and sore. Well my "girls" had been really sore for about the past 2 weeks. They get that way before "that time of the month", so I wasn't sure what was going on. Something just didn't seem right though, walking down the stairs I noticed the "girls" being sore and even when I would take my bra off at night. So on Monday I ventured to Target on my lunch break to buy a box of 3 pregnancy tests and of course dollar aisle scrapbook stuff!
I took a test right when I got to work and it was Negative. I thought, "OK, I have done this before, now tomorrow I will get my period!" That is how it usually worked.
So Tuesday came around and we had our Neighborhood Watch party and something still just didn't feel right. I went home after and took another test. Again, Negative. I was so annoyed that I sat out in the garage w/ Luke and a neighbor and enjoyed a Beer and the Twins game.
Wednesday came around and "the girls" weren't feeling any better, same with Thursday, the day I was supposed to get my period. So Friday morning I let my dogs out and then had to pee SOOO bad.....I had a really random dream the night before that I was pregnant and had gone into the doctor and they told me I was, so when I woke up I thought that I should take the test, Ya never know, right?! So I remembered I had left the test in the car. At this point I had to pee so bad I was practically going to wet myself! I searched my car in the dark, couldn't find it. Turned the light on in the garage, still couldn't' find the thing in my car. Finally, I opened the garage door (mind you, I was only wearing underwear and a tank top, so if anyone saw me, they were practically getting a show!) and I finally found the test! YEA! I ran inside and took the test. If you have taken a test before, you know that the NOT PREGNANT line shows up right away, which it did. So I thought, "Crap, I really am not pregnant, maybe I should just get wasted tonight! (Natalie, you get it!) So I let my dogs back in (I had let them out :) ) and came back upstairs. I looked at the test again and saw another line. The first words out of my mouth were, "Thank you Jesus!" and then the shaking started. I was shaking out of control! I didn't know what to do! Luke wasn't home and I needed to tell someone! I got dressed in record time and headed to Caribou, yes I know, you shouldn't drink caffeine, but I figured it would be my one last dark roast before I had to be torchered w/out it. I finally got a hold of Natalie and told her the exciting news! She screamed SO loud that her baby started crying....hahahahha!
I still hadn't talked to Luke. I got to work with the biggest silly grin on my face and Rebecca knew right away that something was up. Of course she asks right away, "Are you pregnant?" I said, "Shhhhh! You can't know yet, Luke doesn't even know!"
So I made my phone call to Luke, this is how it went:
Ali: Hi hon - Luke: Hi, Ali: I have to go to the doctor today! Luke: Ok Ali: Do you want to know WWWHHHYY I have to go to the doctor today? Luke: OK, OK, Ok, I think I have a pretty good Idea!
That was about it......I think he was in shock.
So, yes, I am early on in my pregnancy on 4 weeks. This is how we look at it, after everything we faced over the past year and a half, we would rather have our friends and family know, and pray for us. So right now please, if you could all just pray for God's protection over this little life I have starting to form in me. I just pray for a healthy baby, I don't care boy or girl!
I will keep you updated on the baby and how things are going, and continue my blog about, "My life as it is......." And right now.............we are excited and just praying for God's protection!
7 comments:
I am so excited for you Ali! I will be keeping you in my prayers, (my mom says she will too). He/She will be here before you know it. Can't wait for April. Now I need to start on a baby blankie for you!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO fun that I was the first person to know!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I told everyone the second I found out I was preggers with Nora, too. Just so they could be praying. You and new baby are on me & Nora's before bed prayer list and my mom & dad said they will add you to theirs (they pray all the way into town every morning!) Again, EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you. If you ever need me to do ANYTHING - come to a doc appt., etc. just call me!
P.S. Getting drunko after a negative preggy test is officially called a "Period Party" 'cause you gotta celebrate something!
Ali, I am so excited for you!!! You will be in my prayers over the coming months. Please keep us updated on how things are going.
I am so happy for you both! You know you are going to be SUCH great parents! I am excited to touch your tummy when you start to show...remember i am addicted to those tummies!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Ali, we are so excited for you both! I love Luke's reaction. I can hear him saying it. We are praying!
Congrats!! That's great news.
Congrats Ali and Luke! I couldn't be happier for the both of you and your news of the little one. Zach and I have already been praying for you, Luke, and the little one. and will continue to pray!
I love you so much friend.
and someday, if i ever get preggo, i don't know how i will handle to the caffeine thing!!!! AHHHHH....
Post a Comment