My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Right last time, Left this time

Today I had my first ultrasound. I found out that I don't ovulate like a normal person 28 days, mine is 35 days. So I am 6 weeks pregnant today! That means my new due date is April 22nd. I was a little disappointed at first, but then I realized, the later I deliver the longer I get to be off in the summer!

When I was pregnant with BL they showed me that the egg came from my right ovary. With this new little bean it came from my left ovary. Already, things are different! Yea! Also, we were able to see the little bean of a baby and hear its heart beat. It was 98 beats per minute which is good for how far along I am. The technician even said it was amazing that she could detect the heart beat that strong this early. Yea! Another good thing.

I have my first prenatal next Tuesday morning. I am hoping she will go over how they will be monitoring me and all that fun stuff. Once I figure out how to get my pictures of the kid on here, I will! Yes, people are laughing at me, cuz I keep calling it a kid :) I should stick with Natalie's term "bean" sounds much better!

Anyways, So that is the scoop.

Hope all of you had a good day!

4 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

glad things are going well! i like "the kid"... it's cute :)

Kari said...

Congrats!! That's great news. They didn't detect a heartbeat on the ultrasound until 7 weeks for me.

Jessie said...

YAY!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!

Ana Heeren said...

SO FUN!!I love it! I can't wait to see pictures!!!! LOVE YOU