You are never going to believe what happened to me this morning......Ok, well maybe Sari and Luke can believe it. But I couldn't.
Last night I pulled in my driveway and noticed I had a quarter tank of gas left. I didn't think anything of it as I live less than 2 miles from the gas station. So this morning I got in the car and started heading straight to the gas station. Well as I was pulling up by the Outlet Mall my car started slowing down...slower then slower then slower. I ended up pulling over on the side of the road just past the Outlet Mall. I didn't know what the heck to do. I figured I was probably just out of gas, but it was freezing this morning and all I could think about was that I was going to be stranded on the side of the road and have to walk my booty to the gas station...wa waaaaaa!
Thankfully an angel appeared! (ok, maybe not an angel literally!) But my neighbor Erica called me and came to my rescue. She had driven by just as I had put on my flashing lights.
Erica drove me to the gas station where I had to purchase a $6.00 gas can that fit 2 gallons of gas! (What a rip-off!) Then she drove me back to my car where I proceeded to try and take of the gas can top. Well ya know how they have the plastic tops w/ the little part that you push down so that the top can't unscrew easily.....well because it was so cold outside I couldn't get it to push down to turn the cap. So I am freaking out, having to use my keys and tear the damn thing! Finally I got it and started filling my car up.
So if it weren't for my wonderful neighbor I would have been stranded in the cold all by my lonesome trying to figure out what the heck to do!
Thanks ERICA!!! LOVE YA!!!!!!
2 comments:
Oh no, Ali! That happened to me once at Crown on my way to student teaching - I sadly tried to turn my Pontiac around while it was slowly running out of gas and ended up perpendicular to traffic while sliding down into the ditch when a teacher pulled up to help me.
I'm glad Erica was there. Were you at least dressed warm?
I don't feel bad for you ... you see, this happened to me once .... in YOUR STUPID CAR!!!! You really need to get that fixed my dear!
Good thing Erica was there and you didn't have to pay $100 for a tow truck to come bring you gas!
Post a Comment