My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Priase the Lord

Yesterday, March 29, 2010 Luke and I found out that we are having a healthy baby due October 18, 2010.


We found out 4 weeks ago that I was pregnant.......This is how it all started.......one Tuesday night I was at my parents house. I had already taken an at home pregnancy test and it was negative a couple weeks before. I thought there was no way I was pregnant....Sari is getting married this summer and it just seemed too soon after losing baby #3 this fall. Well I took pregnancy test #2 and it was immediately positive. I had been in denial for about 3 weeks.


These last 4 weeks have been very trying for us as we weren't sure if our baby would have anencephaly or not. Because we have had 2 babies with anencephaly we had an 11% chance of having another baby with anenecephaly. That gave us an 89% chance to have a healthy baby, which is huge, but with the luck we have had I just felt like you never know. Our lives are not our own, they are God's.

So after a couple nights of no sleep we headed to the MN Perinatal Clinic in Maple Grove yesterday morning at 8:30AM. We waited for what seemed like forever and then had the ultrasound. I closed my eyes at the beginning until I heard the sonographer talk about the brain and the shape. I opened my eyes and saw a head roundly shaped and the tears started rolling. We had an hour ultrasound. The doctor told us that he definitely doesn't see any signs of anencephaly or spina bifida or any neural tube defect. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so excited to think that it is actually our turn to become parents. We couldn't be more excited and actually feel more ready than ever.

All the praise and glory goes to God!

After talking with the doctor, we will be going in every 2 weeks for an ultrasound and then at 20 weeks have an in depth level 2 ultrasound. My nurse practitioner told me that they will be watching me like a hawk! I am definitely ok with that.

So......I get to actually be pregnant for more than my 1st trimester. I am so thankful and it brings tears to my eyes knowing that I get to have a healthy little baby.

Obviously anything is always possible, so please just keep this little baby in your prayers that it will continue to grow and develop into a healthy baby.

Thanks friends and family!

15 comments:

Ana Heeren said...

YEA!!! We are so happy for you guys! Our little ones will be about 2 weeks apart. Like i told you on the phone, they will either be best friends, or get married :)We are going to have you over once you get back from Vegas to celebrate with a grilling night!

Cristina said...

Congratulations Ali!!! I am so, so happy for you both! I'll be praying that everything continues to go well with the baby.

natalie eve said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
To God be the glory, great things He hath done!!!! (singing that to you) xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

The Charlebois said...

My name is Audra, and I went to school with Luke. I've met you once or twice, but I don't know if you remember me.
I found your blog randomly and check in from time to time. I literally started weeping when I read this post today! I'm so happy for you guys, and will be praying for the whole pregnancy to go smoothly and well.
PRAISE THE LORD!

_____ said...

Congratulations Ali and Luke!!! I am so happy for you guys! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and baby over the next 7 months for a healthy happy baby!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Ali. Continued prayers are going your way. Embrace it and enjoy the best is yet to come! Jody

Kaylyn Kruse said...

YAYYY!!! Congratulations Ali and Luke!!! I am so happy for you guys- and I'll definitely keep the three of you in my prayers! :)

Miss Jess said...

So so so happy for you Ali! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy this very special time and I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and see pictures of this little one when they arrive! Cheers!

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS ALI!! That is wonderful news!

Arleigh and Jeff said...

SOOOOO happy for you guys!! You will be wonderful parents :) I can't wait to hear more as time goes on. Congrats you two!!

ATB said...

YAY! So excited for you guys! Was just thinking about you the other day and hoping and praying this for you!!! God is so good. Will keep you three in our prayers!

Lloyd and Marci said...

Words can't even express how happy and excited we are for you! You are in our prayers. Congratulations!

Missi said...

So exciting Ali! I still ck your blog from time and time and am SO excited to read this news! I will pray for the baby to grow and develop just as God designed. Congratulations!
(friend of Bethany's)

Lynnea said...

Praise God!!! Blinking back tears...SO excited for you.

Jessie said...

Congratulations Ali and Luke! God is good.