My Family

My Family

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Not that you want to hear bad stuff, but I am kinda down in the dumps. My family is going through some difficult times.

My Grandpa, my dad's dad. Well he has Alzheimer's and it is getting pretty bad. My dad told me that I needed to go over there this week before he doesn't recognize me anymore. It is so weird to think that my Grandpa who has known me my whole life may not be able to call me by name when I see him. That makes me sad. Also, it is hard on my parents. If they aren't taking care of my grandpa, they are taking care of my Papa. I am sure it gets to be waring on them.

My sister is struggling. If you think of it, pray for her. She is confused w/ life, well that is my take on it. Sometimes I am afraid that she is afraid of growing up. She loves to have fun and live in the moment, but when you are 22 years old, have graduated from college you tend to get confused as to what you really want to do w/ your life. I was there. I didn't find a job I really feel fits me until this job I am at now, it has taken me 3 years to get here. Look at my husband Luke, he finally is at a job that he loves after being in banking for almost 8 years!
So friends, if you could just pray for Sari that would be great. Last night I talked to her on the phone and just cried. I love my sister SO much and hate that she is hurting, sad and confused. I can talk to her and tell her what I think, but she has to make her own decisions and live with them. I have realized that life is SO short and that we need to appreciate the people we have around us that love us and lean on them during difficult times.

No comments: