My Family

My Family

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

So finally, after looking at a bare tree since Sunday, Luke and I put the lights on our tree. Of course not without a "discussion" of how the lights should be strung on the tree. Each year we have this "discussion" of how the lights should be. I like to tuck them deep into the tree so you don't see the string of lights ....but Luke likes to just lay them around the tree any which way!!!! Aghh!!! It drives me crazy. You women know, there are just certain things that need to be, "OUR WAY of NO WAY!" To me, how Christmas lights are hung on a tree, is one of those things. As I hung the Christmas ornaments, I realized what a weird concept a Christmas tree is. Why do we hang ornaments with strange meaning of an event, a milestone in life, something we like, or a place we have been on a type of pine tree? If anyone has an answer, let me know!

So now the tree is hung with the stockings at care, in hope that St. Nikolaus will soon to be here!
(not sure if those are the words to the rhyme....definitely couldn't be on "don't forget the lyrics!")

1 comment:

Folkestad said...

I am a light tucker too! Kate and I are both tuckers so there isn't any fighting... about that at least. :)