My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lets not Get OLD!

Luke and I spent last Saturday moving my Grandparents from a Senior high rise in Edina to Wildflower, a Memory Care center in Maple Grove. It is very nice and they actually have the nicest room in the whole place!

Moving consisted of going through a TON of junk.....unpacking boxes that my grandma had packed for her kitchen....she doesn't have a kitchen in her new place.Needless to say, it was not the most fun day, but successful. We had everything set up in their new place and it looked just like home!


On Monday I picked up my sister after work and headed to see my grandparents in their new place. This was an interesting situation. My Grandpa can't say our names anymore but did recognize us. He wasn't making much sense but kept asking if we were going to bring him home. I tried explaining that he was home....but he didn't really understand. The past couple days have been stressful for my dad. My dad has basically had to put them to bed every night. They have tried to pack up and leave. The doors are locked and they can't leave the building, thankfully....it's not like they have a car to go anywhere anyways.

Other than that not a lot is going on. Work has been busy.

I am having an Open House on Saturday, January 26th from 10am-1pm to preview our new SPRING CATALOG for lia sophia.

If you are interested, please come. I will have coffee and coffee cake for all!

2 comments:

Folkestad said...

Ali, I miss your almost daily blogging!

Brandt and Steph said...

me too- what's new??
-steph