Some people probably thought I was crazy to strap on a pair of Rollerblades while pregnant. Myself, I had no worries. I finished 13.2 miles so fast that no one saw me cross the finish line. My family that is. They were expecting me to come in around 8:15am or so and I rolled in at 8:04am. There were enjoying a nice hot breakfast while I had worked my butt off rollerblading! I guess I will just have to Rollerblade again next year!
After the race we headed to Hell's Kitchen for lunch, and then I slept most of the afternoon. I had been up that morning at about 4:45am and hadn't slept well the night before, so it was much needed rest. The rest of the weekend was good, but rainy.
I had my first craving on Sunday night. I wanted a fruit roll-up SO bad that I drove to the grocery store and bought Gushers and Fruit Roll-ups, I felt like a little kid. I was so excited I ripped open the pack of Gushers when I got in the car and was in heaven eating them on my way home!
I read on the Babycenter.com that mood swings are very common right now and they spike between 6-10 weeks. I find myself happy one minute and crying the next. This morning on my way to work a Carrie Underwood song came on the radio and there I am stuck in traffic with huge tears rolling down my cheeks, I finally switched the station and thought about how ridiculous I probably looked! Hopefully this emotional being that I have turned into will go away later, but I am hearing that probably isn't too likely.
One week from tomorrow I have my next ultrasound. It has been hard waiting and waiting, but there isn't anything I can do other than pray. Part of me feels like everything will be OK, but there is a part that still is not certain, because of last time. So all I can do is give my worries to God and pray that if there is something a matter, he heals my little bean.
3 comments:
Nice job on the race! I was worried about you in the rain.
I was an emotional basketcase while pregnant especially it seemed the end of the first tri going into the 2nd...you know...;) At least you didn't throw a garbage can at your husband yet! :0
Gushers? Ick honey.
I'll call you again today - sorry we played phone tag yesterday. You have minutes on your phone?
Way to go girl!!! good for you!
Hey Ali, just a quick note to let you know that Katie and I are praying for you this week. You, Luke and the little one are in our prayers.
Chris and Katie Folkestad
Post a Comment