Luke and I are pregnant and found out last week that they are 75% sure this baby has a neural tube defect. Our first child, Brian, died of a very rare neural tube defect, anencephaly, we lost him at 21 weeks. We have been extremely saddened by this news. However they aren't 100% sure of the neural tube defect, so we go in next Friday, the 25th of Sept. to have another level 2 ultrasound to hopefully find out the news as to if this baby will be able to live.
Like I said in my previous blog, but deleted. You friends and family can carry the hope for me right now. After the last 2 pregnancies I don't have many hopeful thoughts, but then, God can do miracles......so maybe there is one in store for us, I don't know.
There have just been so many life changes in the past 3 months that this makes things overwhelming. After leaving Executive Title I worked for 2 months at the Recruiting Firm I had worked for before, The Right Staff. I realized that it just wasn't the industry for me and thankfully found a job 10 mins. from home at a Title Co. I am loving my job and it keeps me super busy and my mind of the stresses of this pregnancy. However, it was stressful leaving my previous employer, finding a job, realizing it wasn't for me and then finding a new one.
I tell Luke that if I could make it through 2 lost babies, I know I can make it through a 3rd, but it won't be easy. Questions come up as what will the future look like for us for a family, and I don't know. A lot will depend on next week.
Needless to say we have had a lot going on in the past couple months and I haven't done the best in updating. But this is it.
As for now, we are just trying to cling to each other and God and help each other through another difficult time.
This weekend is our annual weekend up to Duluth for the Rollerblade marathon. I was supposed to do the 1/2 Marathon, but with everything I think I will just take the Finisher T-shirt at the end :) After we watch my dad come through Saturday morning we are planning to head to Goosebury Falls and do some hiking.
On a very happy note....this last weekend I went w/ my sista and mom to start looking at wedding dresses for Sari. We had a good time, and took some fun pics in the dressing room of some crazy dresses Sar tried on.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I will update you as to when I have more information and how I am doing.
And just so you know, I am doing ok. Thanks for your prayers, they help me through each day!
And just so you know, I am doing ok. Thanks for your prayers, they help me through each day!
6 comments:
Hi Ali,
Just read your blog and wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you TONS during these days...I don't have words, but you are on my mind a lot and we are praying for you and Luke and the baby. Tyler and Andy
Ali,
My heart hurts for you and Luke as I know how much you long for a baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see the reasoning now, it is a part of a bigger plan.
Thinking about you guys and hoping for the best. Lots of prayers your way and loving thoughts. We love ya.
Love you Ali!
Our love and prayers are with you. Lloyd and Marci
Hey Ali, wanted to let you know I'm praying for you guys like crazy. I just saw your blog through Steph's so I'll keep checkin for updates and ways I can pray. Love you guys!
Post a Comment