My Family

My Family

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Brunch.........A Success

I can make one mean Egg Bake!



Brunch was good. It was weird not having my whole family there. And it was definitely interesting with my grandparents..........My grandma didn't know who Ali was when my sister picked them up and told them they were coming to my house. When my grandma got to the front door and I answered she looked at me and said, "Wow, you sure look like Ali." I replied, "Grandma, I am Ali.", she looked at my sister and said, "She just told me she is Ali!" Talk about weird. Then she said, "You are married?" She didn't know where she was or who anyone was. While we were eating she looked at Chuck, Luke's dad and said, "How do you like living in Sauk Centre?" Chuck didn't know what the heck to say and said, "I live in Columbia Heights." It was strange to see my Grandma so disoriented. She really had no clue where she was. If anyone knew my Grandma, she was always put together. She always had on a perfectly matching outfit with jewelry to match. No matter where she went she was always dressed nice. Even when she would be baking cookies! So seeing my Grandma without her hair done, and wearing an outfit that did not match at all was very weird, and hard and sad. I hope that I go before I loose my mind.

All in all it was a fine Easter. The service at MGEFC was great and the one thing that stuck out in my mind was Pastor Russ saying that because Jesus died for us, we will again see people who have died...........I will see my son again........amazing!

3 comments:

natalie eve said...

We will see our boys again, Ali, how amazing is that! I believe Brian and Allen Michael are friends and will be there to welcome us home. Yay!

Jessie said...

How amazing will it be to see your son?! That will be incredible. :)

Ali said...

AHHHHH! You both made me cry! It is amazing.......what hope we have because of an amazing GOD!