My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Allen Michael's Anniversary

Three years ago today my dear friends Allen and Natalie Lepien lost their baby boy.

I can remember when I first heard the news, I was sitting in my office where I worked at Counselor Realty. I think I got a call from a friend's mom telling me what had happened. Natalie had been working at the time and her and I would constantly email back and forth all day long. I felt like I knew everything that had gone on during her pregnancy. So when I heard the news I can remember this panicked sort of feeling, almost like I couldn't breathe. Steph and I headed up to Duluth the next day to support our dear friends. It was so hard to see them in so much pain.

Natalie and Allen had to face a very unfortunate situation losing their beloved baby boy. But watching the way that shaped them and how it brought them closer together has been a beautiful thing to see. That doesn't replace the pain though. The pain of losing a child never goes away. There are good days but the bad days still creep in here and there.

The day I found out that Luke and I lost little Brian, I called Natalie right away. She had been there for me so much through my pregnancy and was so excited for us. When she heard the news she cried for me.

You can't really understand the pain and loss of a child until it happens to you. And I never wish that upon anyone.

But today, I remember little Allen Michael and pray for his beautiful parents.

Today my heart hurts for Allen and Natalie!

God help them through today!!!

2 comments:

Ana Heeren said...

That was really nice Ali. I am sure that Natalie and Allen will appreciate it.

natalie eve said...

Thank you Alison Lea. This means a lot. I am so blessed with your friendship. xoxoxox