My Family

My Family

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Loss that can Never be replaced


So I copied this picture from Natalie's blog. Here we are showing off that the 3 of us all finally have rings around our fingers. We spent tons of time together back in the day.

It is sad to say that the 3 of us who have been great friends since way back when now share way too much in common. On Nov. 12th, 2005 Natalie lost her first baby, Allen Michael. On April 13th, 2007 I lost my little Brian Lucas, on September 29, 2008 I lost my second little baby, which I call Angel #2, on Friday night, November 14, Steph lost a baby. This would have been her second child. Now that little Angel is up in heaven playing with others.

Losing a baby is such a difficult thing. It is not something that many can understand and you could always look at it as, "it could be worse if...". But no matter what if some else may have had something worse happen, what you experienced hurts and it is no fun. For that moment I like to go back to my common phrase, "it sucks."

It sucks that Natalie lost her baby boy and that Nora and Joli don't have a big brother to play with. It sucks that Steph miscarried and that Addie won't have a little sister or brother as soon as they thought. It sucks that I don't get to even start trying again until probably June.

Like Natalie said, I am sad for the 3 of us. That all 3 of us have experienced loss. It may not be exactly the same, but it is loss of a child and that is sad and it hurts.

God has a plan, I am sure of that. I just pray for Steph, that right now God comforts her in this time of hurt and that he leads her through it with strength.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm so so sorry to hear about Steph. That makes me so sad.