My Family

My Family

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching you up

I was informed yesterday by my sister that I have been doing a bad job of keeping my blog up to date. Maybe it is just hard because I feel like there really isn't anything to talk about anymore....I don't have the excitement of a new baby coming in the spring and all the things that go along with that, so my life is pretty boring right now to me. But for my sister here is the recap of my weekend and the boring-ness of life lately........wa waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Friday night we were invited to go to a Halloween party. Luke didn't want to go so we went home, made dinner and then I started in on laundry. I HATE laundry. We handed out candy to all of the 6 kids that came around our neighborhood. This is how it went down. The doorbell would ring, the dogs would dart to the front door, bang against the glass and start barking.....Luke would hold back the dogs and I would hand out candy. It was really funny because these 2 little girls just stood there in front of me holding there bags out. Their dad told them to say trick or treat and they were too shy. If you don't say trick or treat you don't get candy from the Peterson's......I waited until she looked back at her dad and then she finally said it.........hahahaha I am mean, but this isn't go door to door and hold your bag out until someone puts candy in it . These kids need to learn the appropriate way to trick or treat! :)

So then I settled back into my laundry after the kids came. Luke of course ditches me at about 8:30pm to head to the neighbors. I was SO furious. I was left alone on Halloween! So finally when my neighbor got home I headed over there with my glass of wine to enjoy the rest of the night. The excitement that followed will go down in history books forever I tell you!

Ok, so it was great hanging out and chatting with my friend Angie and some neighbors. When I went to leave at about 11:30pm Matt, Angie's husband wanted me to head over to Duffy's house. He said that there were 4 cars that had just pulled up and he wanted to see what was going on. So after some nagging from my husband and "big" Troy (that is his nickname, his is just taller than the other Troy in our neighborhood), I headed over to Duffy's house with Matt. We knocked on the door and walked in. Duffy AKA Chris greeted us in his high pitch voice as he stood hunched over and said "I don't even know you guys!", Matt replied back, " I am your neighbor Matt and this is my wife!" After being let in we walked upstairs to find NERDVILLE USA in action. Seriously, you don't understand! People had their laptops out, just looked like the biggest dorks ever. I know, I know, that is mean, but I wish I could have taken a picture. We small chatted for a little bit and exited from Duffy's house. Luke and Troy were waiting outside for us laughing hysterically. It definitely was an interesting night and one that will be remembered! That was Friday night.

Saturday I didn't do much, I didn't feel good so I slept a lot and got more done around the house. Luke ended up having some neighborhood guys over and I watched the movie "Baby Mama". It was a good movie, but I expected it to be funnier than it really was.

Sunday we had lunch with Luke's parents and then I took a nap.....I love naps (plural, just for you Erica!!!)

So now it is election day and I am not looking forward to standing in line to vote. Hopefully it won't be too bad when I go. The bummer is that I woke up with a head ache and it has not gone away! Booo to headaches.

Hopefully that catches everyone up on what's been going on. So long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I was expecting Baby Mama to be funnier too.