Well a lot happened this past weekend...I didn't even have time to write about it at the time.
Friday night Luke and I went to Maynard's for dinner and then saw Oceans 13...it was awesome, we highly recommend it.
Saturday I woke up and did the Albertville 5K. It was so beautiful Sat. morning, just the right temp. and sun shining. I jog/walked it and finished in 37 minutes, so now I have a goal of what to beat for next time. I think I might sign up for the St. Michael 5K on July 14th...anyone want to join me?
Saturday evening was the most fun...but first...the most exciting thing. Kurbis and Bethany came over to have some good 'ol hick fun w/ us in Albertville. Bethany and I had run to Caribou to get a coffee and then sat outside for a while. Then Kurbis and Luke came out and handed me a sheet of paper. I thought, " what the heck is this? " I read it, then had to look at it again! I started jumping up and down screaming. They had given me an itinerary for the 4 of us for a weekend in Vegas! The best part of all, Bethany and I going to see Celine Dion. We are going Labor Day weekend...I can't wait!
After that excitement we met John & Rebecca and headed to the carnival and beer gardens! Ana and Adam met us there and then my neighbors Ben and Erica did as well. We had a blast w/ our friends, ate great foot long corn dogs...drank beer...listened to music...watched fireworks...drank more beer and practically passed out by the time we got home cuz we were so tired. Little did I know the fun I would have the next day...NOT!!!
Ana and Adam spent the night, so I woke up and Ana and I sat outside and watched my babies play. Adam washed their car and Luke was golfing...of course! We went to breakfast and then off to the parade I went. Suggestion...don't be in a parade after you jog/run a 5K the day before and after drinking beer that night...I was hurting. So needless to say I thought I was going to pass out in the sun...it was 90 degrees and there were over 120 floats in the parade and I was Jazzercising down the road!!! At least I got a good work out.
After the parade, I came home to clean out my car. Of course I can't leave out one of the most important parts of the weekend...the Sopranos finale. I must say I had tears in my eyes...I am sad to know the story is over. I love that show...I should have been in the mob...just kidding!
So all in all it was a wonderful, but crazy weekend!
2 comments:
Such a fun blog! After reading about your adventures this weekend my tummy hurt - I would have puked in that parade! Soooo great that you are going to Vegas and get to see your girl! I am glad the boys surprised you. Martina is coming to the Hinkley casino in July - wouldn't that be a fun concert to go to? Let me know what you think!
When is the concert?
Post a Comment