Yesterday around noon I headed to my dad’s office to get a treatment, he is a Chiropractor and I have been getting work done on my right arm because I type too much and am now getting tendonitis. Lovely…..
Anyways….many of you may not know this, but Little Brian Lucas is buried at Maple Knoll Cemetery in Maple Grove. Luke and I were given a plot from Tammy Roelofs. Tammy’s husband Dan died about 5 years ago or so….and she gave us a plot right next to Dan. There is much more behind it than that. Dan was my first youth pastor, someone very close to our family and so is Tammy. Since Tammy has re-married and moved to Washington, so I wasn’t sure when I would see her again.
Tammy was at my dad’s office yesterday. When I saw her she gave me the biggest hug and looked into my eyes and said, “I am so sorry.” I told her thank you, for giving us the plot and then the tears came. She said, “It will come and go, and hit you at different times and that is okay.” It was so good to see her and yet so hard. Yesterday, needless too say was very difficult after that. I went back to work, but was too emotional, so I left and met my mom at Caribou for some good mother-daughter bonding time.
My mom and I discussed me seeing a counselor. She said that I have been doing very well, but it may be good to have someone to talk to. I also think I just need help in knowing how to deal with what I am feeling. So a friend of my parents is a therapist and I hopefully will be meeting with her soon.
I ended up heading back to work yesterday afternoon to find the office a bit warm. We then realized that the air had stopped working and it got to 83 degrees in our office! I couldn’t take it! I thought I was going to lose it….thankfully the last few hours went by pretty quick and at 5pm I was out the door and in my car blasting the cold air straight at my face!
Yesterday was interesting, I still have so many emotions…and it is still so hard, thankfully I have amazing support around me.
2 comments:
I'm sitting here frowning over this. I want you to have more good days than bad. I love ya hon.
Hey Al- She is right some days will be good and some days won't. I think you should take up your mom's advice to go see a counselor. It may seem so weird at first, but when I was pregnant I thought life was going round and round and spinning out of control and I did not know how to deal with so many stresses. I finally broke down and went to one. It was amazing as soon as I walked into that room everything and anything just started poring out of me. It was insane. It just felt so good to vent to someone and get an outside opinion on the situation because they will really tell you how things should go and why you feel like that. So be brave and go it will help so much!
P.S. It really helped that when I walked into her office she had a dog that looked just like Gus! I had to laugh to myself and felt right at home where things used to be easy for us. LOL
Post a Comment